Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ink and Bean: a typewriter-friendly California coffeehouse




Keith Sharon (Project 88) writes:


I lugged my old Smith-Corona to downtown Anaheim to spend the morning typing and soaking in the atmosphere of “Ink & Bean” which calls itself a “coffee saloon and wordshop.”
I’m planted in the middle of the small coffee house, whacking away on my typewriter pretending to be Kerouac or Hemingway. ...
The coffee may be good, but in my mind the stars of the place are the typewriters. There are eight of them – Royals, Underwoods, Smith-Coronas – and the plan is to get more. The plans for the whole place, in fact, are big. Writer’s workshops, author nights, writing contests, book exchanges, inspirational meetings – they all came out of the brain of owner Shaheen Sadeghi, who developed “The Lab Anti-Mall” in Costa Mesa.

Visit the Ink & Bean website here.

Keith's whole story is here.

7 comments:

Bill M said...

Sound like a very nice place. I wish I were on your coast.

Joe V said...

This has me thinking a trip to Disneyland is in order...for the wife and grandkids. Myself, I'll just find a table at the Ink & Bean and they can call me when they're done!

Keith Sharon said...

For the typospherians in Orange County, I'll be at the Ink and Bean every Friday morning beginning at 7:30 a.m. for a couple of hours. Come by and say hello -- Keith Sharon

Richard P said...

Keith, my mother-in-law lives in Garden Grove so I do get out there sometimes. Hope we can meet there. Meanwhile, I'll be drumming my fingers waiting for such a place to open in Cincinnati!

notagain said...

nifty!

Ton S. said...

Noted. I'll definitely drop by when I'm in the area.

mpclemens said...

Road trip! Or, we get an Ink & Bean north, and then Ink & Bean Cinci, and Ink & Bean Twin Cities, etc.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive